Sunday, February 17, 2013

taking care.

I don't know. I just have this strange desire to be responsible for stuff. Like, I want to nurture something. It's weird. 

Perhaps it is my inherent maternal nature finally emerging. In the olden days girls my age were typically mothers already, right? 
It is also possible that this hankering is being caused by the fact that I live in a foreign country and I feel totally out of control. 
Or maybe, just maybe, this inclination to take care of stuff is something that God put in me. Because, you know, I am created in the image of God to show the world who He is. So, maybe He put this feeling there on purpose.

Yah, I think that's it.

I think He put it there on purpose.


Last Sunday I took matters into my own hands and went to the nursery and got some flowers...



and some pots...


and I began to care for a little garden! 


All week I have really been having fun caring for my flowers. 

Like, really enjoy taking care of them. 

Seriously, I get so excited to take care of them that I wake up in the morning and go straight up to the roof so that I can check to make sure they made it through the night. 

I even started composting  (I know, right?).

Yah, and um, I even went outside this morning to dig for worms so that the compost pile would work faster. I do it all because I just enjoy the heck out of taking care of these little colorful plants. 

Which made me think...


If I enjoy taking care of flowers, which are here today and gone tomorrow, how much more does God delight in taking care of me

I think that he probably really has fun caring for me. 

Like, he really enjoys taking care of me. 

So my grand conclusion in all of this? Why do I have this strange desire to take care of stuff?

Maybe God simply put it there so that I would know how He feels towards me.



****

I spend my sabbath taking care of silly flowers. How do you spend your sabbath day reflecting on God? I'd love to hear!


No comments:

Post a Comment