Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Newsey News

This is where it gets real.

Until now, this blog has been composed of photos of the silly children in my neighborhood or the thoughts that have emerged out of the heart in my chest that is constantly colliding with the world around me.

There hasn't been much about what I actually do.  

It has mostly been what I've seen and what I've thought.

Which is cool, I guess, but I'm excited that now I get to start sharing more.

---------------------------

For the past year I have been learning Nepali language and doing research on the causes of human trafficking from within Nepal (a published copy of my work will be available on Amazon Septemburary 1, thanks for asking).

Man, y'all, trafficking is a complex gig.

Organized crime, deception, exploitation of cultural weaknesses, poverty, an economy that is fueled largely by remittance, and a corrupt government that is recovering from a civil war and is struggling to form a constitution are all factors that encourage this mass exodus of people from Nepal.  

But it has to stop. This is not what God wants.

----------------------------

I don't have plans to save the world or to beat up traffickers. But I am pretty sure that God has a role in all of this for my friends and me... and YOU.  I can't wait to share more about it as plans unfold, but guess what?!

We are going to start a business! And we want you to be a part of it!

Stay tuned :)



No comments:

Post a Comment