Tuesday, January 29, 2013

confused.

I keep trying to write about Thailand, but nothing I write ends up making any sense. So I'll just be brief and give you the "Bethany doesn't feel like talking" version. 


  • I didn't want to go to Thailand, so I was in a bad mood from the start. 
  • I was just starting to have culture shock right before we left. 
  • Then I went to Thailand, which is like, totally a developed country, which made me really confused about the world. And really really confused about my life. 
  • Then I came back to Nepal. And this third-world country felt like home. And people could understand me. And I could understand them (somewhat). And it is awesome to be back. 
  • But I am still very confused... most of the time. I think.  
Needless to say, I don't have much to say right now. 

I'm just thinking a lot. 

And praying. 

And so appreciative that I get to be here, confused, but in the arms of God. 


Until I find some more words, 

Bethany

1 comment:

  1. I love your honesty & rawness Bethany!! We always hear all the great stories of lives being changed, and that's wonderful!! It is however refreshing to read the rawness of your emotions. It helps us to better pray for you. We love you & miss you tons!! Rachie says she keeps trying to Skype you but cannot get you.

    ReplyDelete