Friday, March 15, 2013

Cooking with Deepa.

This is the story of how I learned to use a pressure cooker. 

My roommates forced me to reenact it so that they could mock me and take photos. 

I love them anyways. 



We got a pressure cooker.

I was afraid it was going to blow up.

Therefore, I put my motorcycle helmet on and started cooking.

Everything was fine and dandy until the thing started spouting out molten hot lentil steam and I screamed and ran into the closet.

Curious about the eruption, Cynthia came in to the kitchen to see if I was dead yet. The sneaky little booger came into the room without me seeing her and asked, "Are you ok?"

Who does that? Who walks calmly into an active volcano kitchen and calmly says, "Are you ok?" Sheesh.

I didn't see her and she scared me so badly that I screamed at the top of my lungs and jumped three feet back into the closet.

Ayecarumba. Then we both laughed. And then the thing let out steam a few more times... and oh my goodness, those lentils were yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment