Thursday, March 28, 2013

holi.

Tonight as I was walking down the main road, I passed our 13 year old neighbor, Milan. He is about 10% boy and 90% terrible! On Tuesday, Nepal celebrated Holi, which means that the whole country had a giant water balloon fight/ color war. Milan threw the water balloons so hard that he was making us girls almost cry! It seriously hurt so bad!

So tonight as we were walking opposite directions on the road, I turned around and yelled, "Boy! If I had a water balloon right now..." and threw a make-believe water bomb at him. I was walking, shouting, and throwing simultaneously, as gracefully as a dove. Then, as I wisked myself around to start walking facing forward, I found myself doubled over on top of a motorcycle. Are ya' flippin' kidding me? The pain in my right shin made me acutely aware of the fact that I totally just walked into a parked motorcycle.

Then we all laughed hard.

But not as hard as we laughed on Tuesday.

Here's a glimpse:






 











Four of the five families that share our courtyard came out to play. It was such a good time of bonding... cause throwing hot pink powder at someone has a way of making you feel like family.



I invited Rasmi to come over, so she stopped by to share a few squirts.


We even had an appearance from the Incredible Hulk and Steve Urkle!



Great fun, great fun. Two days later, I still have pink hair... it was so worth it. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment