Monday, January 20, 2014

Thailand 2.2

Food. 

It is crazy to me how diverse food is from country to country and from culture to culture! If you want to learn about people's worldview, take a minute and try to understand why people eat what they eat. For instance, in this first photo, you can see that my beautiful housemate, Meaghan, is posing in front of a street cart. 

What does this tell you about her worldview?

We can correctly assume that only crazy, adventurous people would eat duck from a cart on the side of a road in Bangkok. We might also note that street food is, by most standards, inexpensive. 

With the information that we have gathered, we can accurately conclude that Meaghan is a crazy, relatively poor adventurer. 

-----------------------------------

In the following photo, we observe that the fruit in Thailand is tiny. The banana is a little larger than the average thumb, and the oranges are the size of a fat person's knuckle. 

This one is easy. Thailand people are tiny because Thailand fruit is tiny. You are what you eat. 

----------------------------------

I saw these popsicles (icy-poles if you are Australian) in a tourist bazar. 

The yellow ones at the top left are corn flavored! Do you guys remember that "Tuesday Photos" when my can of corn told me that I should put my corn on ice-cream? 

I have no idea what this tells us about Thai culture. 

--------------------------

Finally, we have Daniel eating a jelly fish.

You've had enough practice by now, so I'll let you form your own conclusions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment