Monday, September 2, 2013

Finding the Asmitas

Hello world. Please pay attention.

Yesterday morning I was spying on my neighbors (like normal) from my bedroom window. As I pulled the curtains back, I saw an extra kid outside and the back of his head looked strangely familiar. He was wearing taekwondo clothes (an outfit? uniform? what do you call those?) and I only know one boy who wears taekwondo clothes.

It was Alay!

Alay is the Asmitas' brother!

I ran downstairs with my feet halfway hanging out of my jellies and swung open our noisy gate.

He heard the gate and turned around. "Deeeeeeeeepa!" he cried, with arms wide open.

My heart flooded with love and comfort.


We both ran across the street towards each other without even looking both ways. When I had finished squeezing him and spinning him and hugging him, I bombarded him with questions. "Where do you live now?" "How are you?" "Can I come to your house?"

He looked up at me with a big toothless smile and said, "Yes, come."

So there you have it. Here begins my mission to find the Asmitas... coming soon to a weekend near you.



1 comment: