Thursday, August 23, 2012

Al-buh-ker-key.

You know that city in New Mexico? It is a hard word to spell! Try spelling it correctly.
Go on, try it!

 This morning I left my house to drive my jeep back to Arkansas. I was nervous and excited for all of the miles ahead of me.

I was praying that I would stay awake and alert on the road and also looking forward to having so much time with the Lord singing, praying and listening!

 By God's grace (and a bit of caffeine!) I made it to Albuquerque (By the way, did you spell it correctly?).  

Here are some cool thoughts from the drive:

     
    It's famous, so I got its autograph!
  • Jesus rewards those who seek Him. But here's the thing: if I am running a race, I do not get the medal until I finish the race. So be encouraged! Keep seeking Him. He will reward you now, for sure, but the best is yet to come! 

  • The women that God used in His story were not exactly         "Proverbs 31" women. Just think about  Jesus' great-great-grandmothers: Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, and Bathsheba! So: what does that mean for us?

  • Desert rain reminds me of God's grace. We humans have no ability to make it rain. We can't stop it either. When it's ready, it comes! Not even a fire can stop the rain. There is no way for us to catch it all. We can't tell it where to go or tell it to stay longer. We can't make it fall on people who deserve it or keep it off of people who do not deserve it. Desert rain nourishes. It is totally sufficient for desert plants. But when it rains, watch out, cause when it rains, it pours. Flash floods are gonna happen... just like grace. 


As I was driving, I saw a super fat rainbow in the midst of the rain... promises, promises; He is so faithful!

(If you click to make it bigger, you can kinda see it. Sorry for the photo quality today... this was a drive by!)
834.2 miles. I'm toast! 

      I am going to go read a little John Newton and then hit. the. sack. Night, y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment