Sunday, August 26, 2012

Moments will fade into memories.

Listen while you read: "Break Bread" by Josh Garrels 

Welp, I made it!  1728.7 miles was a lot, but the solo journey back to The Natural State is complete. It has taken me two days to recover from the high levels of caffeine and focused driving, but it was so very worth it.

The good ole self timer came in handy again!
So here I am, sitting in my parents' kitchen trying to fully appreciate every second of my last twenty five days of normalcy.

As I sit here awaiting the beep of the oven timer (I have to make homemade bread while I still have an oven!), I am remembering today's gifts- a countryside bike ride with Dad, hopping around with my niece and her bunny, and swapping almost-forgotten summer stories with my mother.

I am relishing each moment that passes, because I know that soon enough each moment will fade into a memory.
I took this photo in order to make
a Monty Python joke for my sister. 

I have been really sad lately about all of the approaching goodbyes, so as I began driving those countless hours back to Arkansas, I expected it to be a solemn journey; just me and my thoughts.

However, somewhere between the London Bridge and the Grand Canyon, I drove into a cloud of peace. I really don't even have a word for the feeling: it was like an "I know that I am in your will, God, so I am not even sad anymore. I am just resting in your Presence, and that satisfies me. Completely."

So as these moments fade into memories, I walk satisfied because I am walking in His Presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment