Friday, August 3, 2012

Tye-dye and headbands: Humerica 2012


Tye-dye and headbands. 
Oh how I wish I could live in the woods forever! I just spent a few days near Hume Lake in the Sequoia National Forest with the high school group from my church. I had the privilege of taking a few students up early to help set up for the 100 students that would come the next day. Enjoy the photos!
Hume Lake at sunset. 



I love aspen trees.  

One of the things on my bucket list is to slide down a waterfall. Since we set up camp so efficiently on Monday, we had time on Tuesday to go exploring! Look at what we found! It was a blast cliff jumping and waterfall sliding.       
The girls and I getting ready for camp to start. 
Camp was a blast! But as much fun as it was, the best part was not slip-sliding down waterfalls, wearing tye-dyed shirts unabashedly,  or eating s'mores by the campfire. The best part was, by far, the uninterrupted fellowship.  
A few of us got up early to sing to Jesus!
I highly recommend hanging out with a group of beloved friends in nature with no cell phone service or internet access. It will remind you what the point of life is.. and what the point of life isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment