Monday, September 3, 2012

Photographic pathways.

My father has become somewhat of a photographic prodigy in his old age (just kidding Dad! You're not old!), so I convinced him that before I move to Nepal to attend photography school, I needed a few lessons on how to use this giant camera that I now posses.

I'm not yet pro, but here's what I got from my first lesson. 


Here is the spring  coming out of the cavern. I love how water carves out a path for itself wherever it wants to go. Sometimes I want to be like water, free to flow wherever... but I don't want to be like water, always choosing the path of least resistance, because I know that it is that resistance- those challenges- that draw me to my knees and make me who I am.



Quality? Not so much. Hilarious. Yes indeed. 



        


Fraternal Twin Pathways! 

They are going the same direction, with all the same turns, but they are doing it so differently. 


 

I am not sure what this bridge was for. It had a purpose,
I'm sure, but it did not seem to lead anywhere... 
An old grain mill. 

I think that it is safe to say that I still have a long way to walk down the path to being a skilled photographer, but after my first lesson, I feel like I am making strides in the right direction.




No comments:

Post a Comment