Saturday, April 13, 2013

I'm so sari.

All I did was compliment her on her nail polish. 

and then six women later I looked like this.

 


It was Friday night, so in order to celebrate another week of life Meaghan and I went to our friend's house to milk a cow. When we got there, she had already finished milking the cow, so we went to a different friend's house. You can call us friend hoppers.

We were sitting on her bed, drinking our tea, trying to make small talk, and I complimented Didi on her bright red nail polish. This is how it went down. 100% in Nepali, mind you.

"Didi, I like your red nail color."

"You like my nail color?"

"Yes, I like it."

Before I knew it, Didi had run into another room, grabbed the bottle of bright red nail lacquer, and was smearing the stuff all over my fingernails. But left hand only. The right hand is for eating rice.

(In Nepal, women only paint the nails on their left hands because they do not want the nail polish to chip off while they are eating rice with their fingers.)


Nail polish led to bangles, bangles led to a sari, the sari led to a necklace, which led to bright red lipstick, which would have led to nose piercing, but I beat them to it.


It took six of them to get it right,















and it took longer with Grandma being facetious,





















but we finally got it right. We had soooo much fun!




Holla for girls' night! 
(And please notice Grandma being a party pooper. )


No comments:

Post a Comment