Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Today

I promise I'll get around to telling you about my last trip to the village soon, but in the meantime, I just wanted to share a few treasures with you.


1. Drum roll puh-leeeze.... Today I got my research proposal approved by the University! That means that I am only one step away from having a one year visa to stay in Nepal to learn language and do research!  
Praise God, because my tourist visa is going to run out soon...
Still waiting for my friends to get theirs approved though, so prayers appreciated!

2. One of the men who used to pastor at my church is in Nepal right now and came over for dinner. It was just really cool to be able to share our experiences here with someone who knew us before and who knows how hard we worked to get here. Yah, it was cool.
3. This:

Asmita.

Hipster cuties. 

Mahima.


Asmita Pria.

And then about ten minutes later, the wild Asmita took my glasses and disappeared half-naked down the street. Literally disappeared. Does she not know that I am a blind woman without those spectacles?!

I was so not impressed. So I just sat there and practiced Nepali with Sharon til another little kid in a wife-beater came up to me and gave me my glasses back. I am so thankful they came back in one piece. 

See what I mean about the snot mustache?



1 comment:

  1. I love this! How awesome that you had familiar guests. And the glasses, how funny! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete