Saturday, April 20, 2013

pria. part 2.

I told you last time that everyone in our neighborhood calls Asmita by the nickname "Cootie."

I didn't know what it meant, so I had been using that name too! Every day! Then, earlier this week, I was talking about how much I love "Cootie" with a friend named Em, my roommates, and a Nepali friend. 

During the conversation I found out what "cootie" actually means. When I found out, my heart sank because I had been contributing to something that I would never ever approve of. 

There is never a situation where it is ok to call a little girl a %!$&*. 

Ever.

Immediately, I asked the Nepali friend how to say "Beloved" in Nepali. 

Pria. 

It was settled then and there. Her new nickname will be Pria. I couldn't wait to get home.

....

Em and her husband have started a clothing business that employs women who have come from backgrounds similar to Asmita's. As Em was telling the ladies at her business the story about Pria, they were so overwhelmed with compassion for this little one that they created a special outfit just for her!

The ladies with their special creation. 
They created it specially, just for her, so that she will know that she truly is "Beloved." That she is loved deeply by the Father of all creation.



She is beloved. 

......

We are going out to a village for a week, so we will give her the outfit when we come home. Stay tuned!

Read Part 1 and Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment