Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday Photos

Can somebody please explain to me how it is already Tuesday again?! Here you go. A few glimpses of the past few days (that seemed like only a few hours).


Really missing these ladies this week.
I got to skype with most of them this weekend and it was such a pleasure!


The other day on my morning walk I was walking down this hill. I looked to my left and made eye contact with a little girl who was on her way to school. As I looked up from my ipod to smile at her, I lost my concentration and face planted straight into that ditch. Luckily my shoulder hit before my face, and soon as the rest of my body stopped skidding downhill, I scrambled to my feet and turned around to see the little girl standing in shock. I assured her in Nepali, "It's ok. It's ok. I'm fine." and then I scurried away and as soon as I was out of earshot I started cracking up. You guys, it was so funny! 


Apparently there are two peach seasons in Nepal. 
The first one was a couple of weeks ago and it was like American peach season, only the peaches were smaller. Now the peaches that grace the fruit stands are green and hard- yuck! We have one of those green-hard peach trees in our front yard and the kids looooove those peaches. They work so hard every day to convince us that those peaches are like, the best thing ever. Here is Sundesh enjoying his sour peach. Just look at his face- pretty convincing, right? Don't you just want to take a bite? 



And here is Sundesh again. This time, with his "fox" mask. 

These kids are psycho. Sour peaches and "fox" donkey masks. Only in Nepal. 



Oh, and this is a monkey. I'm just throwing him in for good measure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment