Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Simply living simply.

Welp, I am back in California and its time to get going. 

Getting rid of all my stuff seemed like the easiest place to start (and the most exciting... freedom!), so I gutted my room last week. All of my little possessions were gathered into the middle of the floor so that I could start picking teams. 



 
Ahh, there is so much character in my
dear, sweet memory- filled bookshelf. 
The bed was for the stuff that is going to travel across the ocean with me, the box is for the things that will go to Arkansas to live with my parents, the trash bags were for the give away items, and the hallway was for trash.                  

You guys gotta pretend you are going to move overseas. It was so much fun to release all of that stuff that I don't need anymore.

Adios, bridesmaid dress! Good ridens, college papers! Sayonara, old bookshelf, you have had better days.

As much of an advocate as I am about not having a lot of stuff, it was surprisingly easier than I expected it would be to part with my possessions. It reminds me of what my favorite person said once,

One's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. 
-Jesus

He was so right. There is so much more meaning to life than what I have and what I am going to get.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment