Sunday, December 16, 2012

around the neighborhood



My very favoritest part of the day happens every time I go outside. 

"Deepa! Deepa!"

 I love hearing the kids on the street calling my name (Deepa is my Nepali name). Tonight when I came home the girls down the street were calling me. I ran inside, grabbed my camera, sprinted up to the roof and snapped this photo before heading back outside. 
The view of the Himalayas from my roof. 

I have been wanting an excuse to take some photos of my street, and tonight the mountains gave me a perfect excuse to go outside with my camera.
Football!

Check out the mountains behind those houses!

Then, Laxmi, who talks SO fast that I never understand a single word that she says, wanted a photo together. She is so cool with her little peace sign.  

Laxmi and myself just outside my house.

And then out of nowhere, her friends showed up. So I took a photo of all three of them. 

Laxmi, Ekta, and Shrezana. 

And then this old man, who's name I do not know, was standing there the whole time and kept wanting to see the photos. Somehow, I communicated that I would take his photo if he would like...

He was thrilled with that idea.


So there you have it. A sneak peek at my favorite part of the day: hanging out with my neighbors.


No comments:

Post a Comment