Thursday, December 27, 2012

Funny Face Field Trip: Part 2

 This is the actual field trip part of the story.

After we got bored of taking funny face photos, all of the kids decided to show me around the neighborhood so that I could take photos of cool stuff. They pointed out the football (soccer) field, the big tree far far away, and the little hen out on the horizon. When I explained that the tree and the hen were too far away for me to photograph, they decided to take me to the local temple. 



The big kid with the rubber band around his face was the ring-leader, pointing out each little cage thing and making sure that I took a photo of each one. I'm not sure what the significance of the cage is... maybe to protect the gods or the offerings?

I do know that people put offerings inside the cages, and then ring the bells to let the gods know that an offering has been made. I can hear those bells from my bedroom early each morning. 


Look! Asmita found some tikas. 

Asmita is the little girl who wears boy clothes. Last week she wore this awesome dinosaur sweatshirt all week. This week she is sporting a yellow Snoopy hoodie. 

(Tikas are those red dots that women wear between their eyebrows.)


More nasty idols... in a cage.  

Then, the ring-leader set up all of these kids so that I could take a nice photo of them all together. 
Baaah! I love them so much, gang signs and all. 




No comments:

Post a Comment